Khabarovsk - a city of military glory
- Disabled Accessible
- There are bike paths
Komsomolskaya Square (until 1923 - Cathedral Square, until the 1930s - Red Square) - one of the oldest squares in the city of Khabarovsk.
Glory Square - an area located in the Central District of Khabarovsk.
The Glory Square was built on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the end of World War II and was opened on May 9, 1975. The square did not immediately gain its current appearance. At first, a pylon was built in the center of the square and a wall with reliefs of eight higher Soviet orders. The names of Heroes of the Soviet Union, Heroes of Socialist Labor, full holders of the Orders of Glory and Labor Glory were carved on the pylon. N. V. Vdovkin, A. A. Karikh, A. S. Orekhov, architects A. N. Matveev and N. T. Rudenko were the sculptors who worked on the project.
In honor of the 40th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War, a memorial was erected dedicated to the residents of Khabarovsk Krai who fell on the fronts of the Great Patriotic War. On the semicircular wall of the memorial are the names of 19 thousand soldiers and officers. The architects were G.I. Potapov, E.D. Malovinsky, Yu. F. Shashurin. The grand opening of the memorial took place on May 9, 1985.
The eternal flame was lit from a torch delivered by armored vehicle from Komsomolsk-on-Amur, where it was lit from an open-hearth furnace at the Amurstal plant, built during the war.
Additional pylons, with the names of 20 thousand residents of the Khabarovsk Territory who fell in the struggle with Germany and Japan, were erected in 2000.
The last reconstruction of the square took place in 2003. The Transfiguration Cathedral and another memorial at the Eternal Flame dedicated to the Khabarovsk citizens who died in local wars and military conflicts were built.
Military History Museum of the Red Banner Far Eastern Military District
Military-Historical Museum of the Eastern (Far Eastern) Military District - a museum of the Eastern Military District in Khabarovsk, used to be called the Museum of the History of the KDVO .
The building at 20 Shevchenko St. was constructed in 1904-1907. It functioned as a branch of Gosbank until 1930.
From 1930 to 1983, the building housed different military facilities, there was the headquarters of the 2nd Far Eastern Front in 1945 during the Soviet-Japanese War. A memorial plaque honoring Marshal of the Soviet Union Aleksandr Vasilevsky can be found on the building's facade.
The museum was opened on May 31, 1983 on the day of the 125th anniversary of the founding of the city. Some of the exhibits were taken from the Khabarovsk Territorial Museum.
The museum's collection includes documents, photographs, banners, exhibits about all periods of the history of the Far Eastern Military District, starting with the Civil War in the Far East till nowadays.
City of Military Glory Public Garden
"Khabarovsk - City of Military Glory" - The decree of awarding the honorary title was signed by President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin on November 3, 2012.
The opening ceremony of the square with the stela City of Military Glory was held on August 29, 2015.
City of Military Glory Square is a complex that includes the square itself, a public garden and Center for Patriotic Education.
It's 1.6 hectares area in the vicinity of Turgenev Street сrowned by "City of Military Glory" stela. Such commemorative signs are installed in all cities that have received this honorary title. The stela in Khabarovsk is one of the highest (16.5 m) in the country. The double-headed eagle at the top was cast in St. Petersburg. A bronze cartouche with the text of the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation was strengthened on the stela, and a cartouche with the coat of arms of Khabarovsk was mounted on the back of the stela. Four bronze bas-reliefs are screwed on the sides of the stela below the cartouches. Four pylons are installed at the corners of the pedestal, two bronze bas-reliefs are screwed on each of them. The images on the bas-reliefs illustrate the feat of arms and labor heroism of the Khabarovsk people in different years of the city history. The bas-reliefs also depict famous monuments of Khabarovsk.
Monument to the heroes of the Civil War in the Far East 1918-1922
Monument to the Heroes of the Civil War in the Far East - a monument in Khabarovsk dedicated to the heroes of the Civil War in the Far East of 1918-1922. Located on Komsomolskaya Square.
Black Tulip Memorial
"Black Tulip" - the name of several monuments erected in various cities in honor of those killed during the Afghan war. They got their name in honor of the slang name of the Soviet An-12 aircraft (“Black Tulip”), which took away the bodies of dead Soviet troops (the so-called “Cargo 200”) from Afghanistan.
Rodion Malinovsky's Bust
Marshal of the Soviet Union Rodion Malinovsky's bust was installed in 2002 in a city park. The sculptor of the monument was E.D. Malovinsky.
Monument to the young defenders of Khabarovsk in 1921
A monument is dedicated to the heroes of the civil war who were captured by the White Guards during the battle on the outskirts of Khabarovsk near the village of Kazakevichevo and executed on the shore of the Ussuri on December 19, 1921. Their remains were transferred to Khabarovsk and buried in Serysheva street (near the hospital) in 1969 so this is not just a symbol - but a tombstone.
Monument to Aleksandr Vasilevsky
The sculpture is located at the entrance to the park area of the Lenin Stadium from the side of Sovetskaya Street. The height of the monument along with the pedestal is nine meters. The author of the monument was one of the leading sculptors of Russia, a national artist, a corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Arts Salavat Shcherbakov.
Alexander Mikhailovich Vasilevsky (1895 - 1977) - an outstanding Soviet military leader, Marshal of the Soviet Union (1973), chief of the General Staff, member of the General Headquarters of the Supreme High Command. During the Great Patriotic War, as chief of the General Staff, he took an active part in the development and implementation of almost all major operations on the Soviet-German front. Since February 1945, he commanded the 3rd Belorussian Front, led the assault on the fortified city of Königsberg, which was seized by Soviet troops in 4 days.
Headquarters of the Order of Lenin of the Red Banner Eastern Military District
Order of Lenin, twice the Red Banner, Order of Suvorov Eastern Military District - a formation, military-administrative unit (military district) of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
Its purpose is to protect the eastern part of the country. It unites military units deployed in Transbaikal Region and the Russian Far East. The headquarters is at 15 Serysheva Street in Khabarovsk.
It was formed by Presidential Decree No. 1144 on September 20, 2010.
The abbreviated name is VVO.
Monument to Jacob Dyachenko
T-18 (MC-1) Tank Monument
The tank was developed in the period of 1925-1927. It became the first tank developed by the Soviet Union. It was mass produced from 1928 to 1931. 959 tanks of this type were made in various versions in total, excluding its prototypes.
For the first time T-18 was used in the battle during the Sino-Soviet conflict in November 1929. The Transbaikal Group of the Special Far Eastern Army (SFEA) was provided with a squadron of 10 tanks. One of them was severely damaged during transportation and was disassembled into parts for repairing the nine remaining tanks which took part in the Mishanfusskaya offensive of November 17-19.
T-34 Tank Monument
The machine stands on the reinforced concrete pedestal in Volochayevsky Town microdistrict. The tank on it is lightweight - without engines and other equipment. These very machines defended the Soviet Union, and the mechanic of the Dalenergomash plant, Mikhail Koshkin, fought on them and destroyed two German Tigers. For this deed he was awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union. Then these models were modernized, equipped with a roomy turret and a new more powerful gun. The modernized models reached the front in 1944.